Tuesday, January 17, 2006

First Night

Tonight was my first night of leagues for the winter. It was a good night. I had a lot of lucky breaks on my strike ball and I played a very good spare game (by my standards). I only left 3 open frames. I choked on a 7 pin early in the first game, threw a clean second game, and missed a split and a 9 pin in the third game.

My scores were 211, 222, and 197 for a 630 series and 210 average. My goal is to be a scratch bowler in this league. This only requires a 200 average so I'm on track but I'll need to work hard to keep it up. I think I got an unusual number of lucky breaks tonight.

This week, I'll be continuing to practice my spare game by shooting at the 7 and 10 pins. I'll probably also start practicing shooting other pins though. I'd guess my single pin spare percentage is around 75% right now. I'd like to get that into the mid to high 90's. At that point, I can start looking at multi-pin spares an splits in more detail.

As of right now, I think my strike game is adequate. The pattern in this house is pretty easy so I believe I'm throwing over 50%. Improving my spare game should be easier points than improving my strike game. Plus it should translate more readily to tougher houses and lane conditions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home